Are your drivers still using timecards? Well, it is time to automate your operational processes to determine more accurate labor costs. With a GPS fleet vehicle tracking system, you know when drivers arrive and leave job sites, the number of deliveries made throughout the day and the time spent at each delivery location.
A GPS Fleet Management System enables you to track each driver’s performance on a monthly, weekly or daily basis, alerting you to any performance issues and reducing your overall labor costs.
Business owners and fleet managers use GPS Fleet Management Systems to reduce labor expenses by:
- Knowing when drivers arrive and leave job sites
- Decreasing inaccurate hours reported by eliminating paper timecards (virtual timecards)
- Addressing driver performance issues
- Retrieving historical performance records of individual drivers, or entire fleets
- Automating driver activity reporting processes
Recently, one of our customers shared that the use of GPS vehicle tracking allowed them to decrease the amount of overtime paid to field technicians by 10 percent. In addition, they document their billing time to their customers as they bill their labor charges portal to portal…..it took all the guesswork out of the equation and customers can be emailed trip reports if there are any billing questions.
We have found that many honest technicians report their work times incorrectly on a weekly basis.
- When does the “daily start time” really begin? Is it when he reaches his first call? If so how do you really know when he arrives?
- When does the “daily end time” really end? Is it when he leaves his last call of the day or when he arrives back home?
- Is he paid for drive time either way (going to work or going home)?
- What if he “runs an errand” on the way home? Has he stopped his time yet?
- How much can be saved if you correct 15 minutes per day per driver on their payroll reporting?
With the rising costs of doing business, all businesses need to cut expenses in every area possible. By using GPS Fleet Tracking Systems, you make your fleet more efficient with reduces costs and increases revenue without laying off employees.
What ways have you found to reduce costs and increase revenue?